Pole & Line- Solid and Flaked White Albacore Tuna in Water
What is "Pole & Line"?
Pole & Line is a simple and eco-friendly method of tuna fishing using a hook attached to a pole. It is rated by many conservation groups as the most environmentally friendly method of fishing tuna, as it eliminates 'by-catch' of other marine life including sea turtles and sharks.
Point of Origin
Ocean’s Pole & Line Albacore (Thunnus alalunga) tuna is sourced from the waters of the Pacific Ocean.Ocean's is a founding member of the Pole & Line Foundation.
The Catch Process
- Local fishermen carry live bait to attract schools of tuna to the boat.
- Schools of tuna are found by spotting sea surface disturbance.
- Chumming of live bait causes the tuna to surface around the boat to feed.
- Fishermen proceed to catch the tuna with hook lines and haul the fish into the boat.
- The tuna is then chilled on-board using ice for preservation.
Click on this video to see Pole & Line Fishing in action! »
|Ingredients ||Allergen List ||Product features |
- Albacore Tuna
- Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate
| || |
- Rich in protein
- Low in fat
- Low in saturated fat
- Free of trans fat
View this product's nutritional information »