Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Chicken
Serves 6 - 8
|Metric ||Imperial ||Ingredients |
|15 ml ||1 tbsp ||Vegetable oil |
|5 ml ||1 tsp ||Garlic, chopped |
|250 ml ||1 cup ||Onion, chopped |
|125 ml ||1/2 cup ||Celery, chopped |
|500 ml ||2 cups |
|Mushrooms, sliced |
|15 ml ||1 tbsp ||Dry Italian herbs |
|750 ml ||3 cups ||Day old bread, 1/2" cubes |
|125 ml ||1/2 cup ||Apple juice or white wine |
|1 tin |
|1 tin ||Ocean's Crabmeat (170 g) |
|1 tin |
|1 tin ||Ocean's Cocktail Shrimp (113 g) |
|Salt and pepper to taste |
|8 ||8 ||Boneless chicken breasts |
|2 pkg |
|2 pkg ||Mushroom or béarnaise sauce mix (48 g) |
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Drain and rinse shrimp and crabmeat and set aside.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, add oil, garlic, onions, celery and mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add the bread cubes and dry Italian herbs and mix together. Add apple juice or wine and mix. Fold in crab and shrimp and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lay chicken flat on cutting board. Cut a horizontal slice through the chicken, leaving a hinge on one side. Season the chicken well.
- Place 1/2 cup of stuffing into each chicken breast. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prepare sauce according to package directions, spoon over chicken and serve.
**Can also be used with fish such as salmon or trout. Adjust cook time as needed for fish.
You may also like: