Clams, Leek and Sweet Corn Chowder
Every family needs a rich, flavourful clam chowder recipe that’s easy to enjoy on a cold winter night.
|Imperial ||Ingredients |
|3 cans (142 g each) ||Ocean’s Whole Baby Clams |
|2 Tbsp ||butter |
|2 leeks ||finely chopped |
|1 3/4 cup ||chicken stock |
| 4 medium new potatoes ||peeled and cut into 1/2" dice |
|2 Tbsp ||corn starch |
|2 cups ||half and half cream |
|1/2 cup |
|canned or frozen sweet corn |
|2 tsp ||thyme leaves |
a dash salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- Drain clams, reserving the liquid.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add leeks and cook gently for 5-6 minutes, without browning them..
- Add reserved clam liquid and chicken stock; add potatoes, bring to the boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until leeks and potatoes are tender.
- Blend the corn starch with 2-3 Tbsp of half-and-half. Add remaining cream to saucepan with sweet corn and thyme. Heat and simmer very gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add blended corn starch to the soup and cook gently, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in clams; season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into warmed bowls and serve immediately with crisp garlic toast.
Serve with fresh garlic bread.
You may also like: