Fresh mussels can be substituted with 2 cans of Ocean’s Baby Clams, open the can and drain any excess liquid.
- Combine the vegetable broth, water, ginger, garlic, jalapeno pepper, mustard seeds, salt, turmeric, paprika, and cinnamon in a large pot and stir well.
- Place on medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, but not to simmer. Cook curry, uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. As it cooks, the smell of cinnamon should become stronger.
- Turn off the heat and allow curry to cool slightly for about 10 minutes.
- Turn on the heat to medium and add the whipping cream. Taste the teaspoon of curry and add salt to your taste, it should not be too salty but definitely have salt to enhance the flavor of the spices.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wash mussels thoroughly and with a paring knife, scrape off any grit and grime on the shell.
- Return curry to a boil on medium heat, then reduce heat to medium low and add Tuna, gently stir and cook for 1 minute. Add mussels, Gold Seal No Drain Flaked Light Tuna, baby carrots and tomatoes. Stir gently and cover and cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
Immediately remove the lid and turn off the heat. The mussel should be open and the Gold Seal No Drain Flaked Light Tuna should be cooked.