Tuna, Tomato and Fresh Green Beans Salad
An easy-prep salad with a garlic oil-vinegar base that complements the tomatoes and beans.
|1 can (100 g) ||Gold Seal No Drain Chunk White tuna |
|6 ||medium tomatoes, cut into wedges |
|2 cups |
| green beans, trimmed and cut into 2” pieces |
|3 tbsp |
|fresh savoury, chopped |
|1 tbsp ||chopped fresh thyme |
|2 ||cloves of garlic, minced |
|2 tbsp |
|sherry vinegar |
|1/4 cup |
|extra virgin olive oil |
|1 1/2 cups |
|yellow and orange cherry tomatoes cut in half |
| ||salt and pepper |
Beans are high in vitamin B and K. Always use fresh if you can get them. If you can’t find savoury use thyme.
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Place tomato wedges in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and set aside.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil add the beans and cook for 4 minutes until tender and still have a crunch. Remove from hot water, run under cold water and leave to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chopped savoury, garlic, vinegar and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the tomato wedges, cherry tomatoes and the beans in a bowl then drizzle with the vinaigrette, toss. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl or platter, sprinkle with tuna chunks and serve.
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 15 mins
|Nutritional Values |
|54 g |
|Sat Fat ||7.5 g |
|Carbs ||46.4 g |
|Protein ||33.8 g |
|Fibre ||16.6 g |
|Cholesterol ||44 mg |
|Sodium ||489 mg |
|Sugar ||22.3 g |
|Calcium ||10% |
You may also like: