Tuna Cabbage Wraps
This gluten free wrap is a real crowd pleaser as a fresh hands-on meal for lunch or for evening tapas.
|2 cans (2 x 100 g) ||Gold Seal No Drain Chunk White Tuna |
|½ cup |
|thinly sliced green onions |
|½ tsp |
|1 tbsp |
|olive oil |
|whites of napa cabbage or substitute with regular cabbage or raw romaine leaves |
|carrot, peeled and cut into threads with a vegetable peeler |
| radishes cut into small wedges |
|1/2 bunch |
|cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly |
|red onion, sliced thinly |
|1/2 cup |
|low sodium soy sauce |
|2 tbsp |
|brown coconut sugar or brown sugar |
|3 tbsp |
|juice of lime |
|1 tsp |
|soya sauce |
|1 tbsp |
|chili paste or hot sauce of your choice |
- Bring a pot of water with a little salt, to boil. Fill a separate bowl with ice water and set aside. Cut the firmer white part off the base of the cabbage leaf, slice thinly and transfer to a plate.
- Blanch the green part of the cabbage leaves in salted water until they turn bright green, approximately 30 seconds. Immediately transfer to ice water and cool fully. Drain well and set aside.
- Slice carrot, radish, cilantro, cucumber and red onion as directed and arrange in serving bowls.
- Add Gold Seal No Drain Tuna chunks, green onions, paprika and olive oil in a bowl and toss together.
- Add both soy sauce and brown sugar to a small pot and bring to simmer and slightly thickens. Place in a service bowl and allow to cool.
- Whisk together mayo, lime juice and the soya and chili paste and transfer to a service bowl.
- To assemble your wrap: use the blanched napa cabbage (or substitute) as the vessel to hold your choice of tuna and vegetables. Enjoy!
Prep: 20 mins
Total: 25 mins
|Nutritional Values |
|12 g |
|Sat Fat ||2 g |
|Carbs ||19 g |
|Protein ||17 g |
|Fibre ||5 g |
|Cholesterol ||26 mg |
|Sodium ||1281 mg |
|Sugar ||15 g |
|Calcium ||81 mg |
You may also like: