Tuna and Sausage Rigatoni
A spicy Italian pasta dish that provides a great source of protein.
|2 cans (100 g ea) ||Gold Seal No Drain Solid White tuna |
|1 package (454 g) ||dried rigatoni pasta |
|3 tbsp |
|extra virgin olive oil |
|3/4 lb |
|spicy Italian sausage, casings removed |
|1/2 cup |
|shallots, finely chopped |
| yellow & green summer squash, inch-diced |
|3/4 cup |
|fresh goat cheese, crumbled |
|2 tsp |
|flat leaf parsley, finely chopped |
|1/4 cup |
Use a sweet sausage if you don’t like the spice. Roasted red peppers really brighten the final plating of this dish, add one or two slices to the top before the cheese.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook rigatoni just shy of 10 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium high heat and sauté off sausage breaking it apart as it cooks in olive oil, for 3-5 minutes. With a slotted spoon remove sausage and excess oil from the pan.
- Put the pan back on the heat and sauté shallots for 3 minutes just until they begin to soften, add squash to the shallots and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Remove pasta from the stove and drain, keeping one cup of pasta water to one side.
- Put pasta back into the pot and add sausage, goat cheese, summer squash shallot mixture, parsley and tuna, and stir well. Add pasta water into mixture, mix well and season with salt and pepper. Serve in four pasta bowls and garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Prep: 10 mins
Total: 15 mins
|Nutritional Values |
|104 g |
|Sat Fat ||33 g |
|Carbs ||16.6 g |
|Protein ||133 g |
|Fibre ||0 |
|Cholesterol ||288 mg |
|Sodium ||2684 mg |
|Sugar ||0 |
|Calcium ||33% |
You may also like: