The end result is well worth the effort in this mouth watering dish.
|2 cans (125 g) ||Gold Seal Skinless Boneless Pink Salmon, drained |
|1 tbsp ||extra virgin olive oil |
|1 ||onion finely diced |
|garlic cloves minced |
|2 jars (796 mL) ||strained tomatoes |
|salt and pepper to taste |
|1 cup ||ricotta cheese |
|1/2 cup ||blanched spinach |
|1 tbsp ||fresh basil, finely chopped |
| 1 ||lemon, juiced |
| 8-3 inch wide ||pasta sheets |
| 2 cups ||tomato sauce |
Making the tomato sauce a day before will only enhance all the flavours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a thick bottom stock pot over medium to high heat add olive and once hot and shiny add onions and garlic, sauté until soft 5-7 minutes making sure the onions do not brown.
- Once onions have softened add strained tomatoes and simmer for 1 hour covered stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine salmon, ricotta, spinach, basil and lemon juice, mix well.
- Place 2-3 Tbsp of cheese filling on pasta sheet and roll sheet over cheese filling.
- Place in a greased baking pan.
- Once all the pasta is filled and rolled, cover the pasta with tomato sauce.
- Bake in 350 F oven covered for 40 minutes.
Prep: 30 mins
Total: 1h 30m
|Nutritional Values |
|52.1 g |
|Sat Fat ||19.3 g |
|Carbs ||99.9 g |
|Protein ||48.5 g |
|Fibre ||12.1 g |
|Cholesterol ||102 mg |
|Sodium ||4365 mg |
|Sugar ||28.4 g |
|Calcium ||78% |
You may also like: